PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2012, 04:21
risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Majed85 and other prospective cadets

Majority of you who wish to become pilots must be doing so on your parents/guardians’ account, the remaining few, on their own. Either way, it is money and a hell of a lot of it too, which I am sure is earned through hard work and difficulties. Therefore, my two cents of advice is to EVALUATE ALL OPTIONS, before committing.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not siding with any school or establishment. I am merely stating that chose the one that has the best benefits for you. How do you do that, you will ask…

Firstly, think about where you intend to fly for a long time…
How much of a risk do you intend to take…
Do you like flexibility of choice or do you have the perseverance of achieving a single goal…
Do you like to have backup plans or are you a Kamikaze…

In simple terms…

(AA – Alpha Aviation)
(EA – Emirates Aviation)

AA – You will be in some way or other bonded to them till 1500 hours
EA – No bonding

AA – Till you reach 1500 hours, to a good extent you are at their mercy
EA – At about 220+ hours, you are free

AA – Like stated above, you are kind of bonded to them till you complete 1500 hours, which if things go pear shaped could be a long time
EA – After 220+ hours, you are free to work anywhere in the world (with conversion of course)

AA – You have no backup, and might end up like TarasB etc etc..
EK – You can convert to any country where you find a job

AA – You will get into a modern airliner with the fastest route
EA – It might take you time before you find a job

AA – If things go well, like it has for many, you can be a type rated ATPL holder without LOOKING for a job, like Marlim (soon) etc etc…
EA – If things don’t go well, you will end up looking for jobs for a very long time to come

So basically it is really up to you… you even have options like studying in the US/Canada/Australia etc etc, which might work out cheaper and where you could POSSIBLY then apply for immigration and get citizenship, which by the way helps a lot in LIFE (unfortunately it is the truth about the so called racism free world).

There is good and bad to everything and it is your luck first, then your luck and then your luck (repeat a 1000 times), then your hard work and finally perseverance.

Choose wisely, because once you do it is very difficult to go back, unless of course your parents are super rich.

All in all, if I were to advice you what to do, I would say whatever you do, ignore EVERY verbal promise and get EVERYTHING you can in writing on a contract with EVERY page signed by both parties. You will be surprised to know how situations change, businesses ADJUST, promises BREAK etc etc etc. Therefore, get it in a signed contract so you have something to take to court/authorities/etc if things didn’t go well. BY THE WAY THAT DOES NOT IMPLY THAT YOU DON’T HAVE TO WORK HARD TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU WANT!

Oh and one more thing, the contract you see from either party, MUST BE VERIFIED FOR LEGALITY AND LEGAL TERMS BY A LAW FIRM. You will be surprised to know that MAJOR ORGANISATIONS also have changed terms of their contract AFTER signing them and they get out of indemnity because they had cleverly worded their contracts, which the normal John/Jane like you and me do not understand. If you are not comfortable with some wordings, ask a law firm to contact them to have it amended. If you can pay 600k+ then pay 5k-10k additional for the service of a law firm.

I hope this helps not only you but also any prospective cadet.

Once again, I state that I am NOT siding with or against any organization out there. I am merely telling you how to go about things, in life that too.