PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 16th Jul 2012, 03:28
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
via Towering Q;
I'm still working through the GPWF report, it's a great remedy to insomnia.
Feel free to highlight the sections you feel are most relevant...
Towering Q, please "highlight" the entire document. I've spoted a couple of things ah question - be interesting to see what you find. The report has been out a while so the climate hysterics shoulda listed all the 'faults' by now..

via Towering Q;
...And regarding his comments about CO2 and plant growth...
Towering Q, perhaps yer shoulda had a bit more of a look-see at it. I did a quick google of CO2 useage in nurseries and here's one off the first page...

"...Carbon dioxide (CO2) plays an important role in increasing crop productivity (Rijkdijk and Houter 1993). An actively photosynthesizing crop will quickly deplete the CO2 from the greenhouse environment (Rijkdijk and Houter 1993). In summer, even with maximum ventilation, CO2 levels within the typical Alberta vegetable production greenhouse typically fall below ambient levels of CO2 [below 350 parts per million (350 ppm)]. It has been estimated that if the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere doubled to 700 ppm, the yield of field crops should increase by 33% (Tremblay and Gosselin 1998). Optimum CO2 targets in the greenhouse atmosphere are generally accepted to be approximately 700 to 800 ppm (Portree 1996)...
... CO2 is especially advantageous for use on sensitive seedling plants early in the crop season (Portree 1996). Distribution to the crop can be accomplished through a system of delivery pipes to the crop canopy as with the stack recovery systems. The draw-back to the use of liquid CO2 has been the cost..."

Hmmm... costly, though those that can afford it still use it...

Components of the Greenhouse System for Environmental Control

So, we have the plant growing industry spending money to increase the CO2 atmosphere of their nurserys because it makes plants grow better then in our CO2 deficiant 'natural' environment... and Australia has a muppet government that wants to remove one of the best plant foods around... errr..