PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 22:39
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Dozy...

"It has been suggested that the PF may have suspected overspeed due to abnormal wind noise (possibly due to stalled air)."

1. Suspect nothin'...the spoilers were deployed, see the traces of the devices. There is no record that I could find that however they stowed, they all stowed completely. That is the genesis of my guess that the chronic right roll, yaw was damage related...

2. You have not considered the wind shear as the source of the Belief in crazy speed? There could easily have been an apparent accel/decel due to this type of turbulence, and changing air mass/noise...

Erm..... Thanks Flyinheavy, great minds think alike...

@Dozy... I think their respective TT and TiT are very similar, and I concur re: Renslow, Bonin. Good catch.

@Dozy...PNF: "do not extend....etc." So yes, the PNF was assertive, here, and if I might, I'll use this bark to introduce a possible problem.. To now, I have been reliant only on what I read in PPRuNe and the officials to found my remarks. Recently, I have ventured off the reservation, and have read some interesting discussion re: CVR content. The BEA have heavily witheld crew remarks if they are profane. They euphemistically use the Catchall: "not related to flight". I think there might be some interesting rhetoric in the CVR that is witheld due it's colorful nature. There is also so much to understand from volume and tone, notwithstanding profanity, that I'll bet you a kidney the CVR has much more to tell us than what we are given...

Last edited by Lyman; 15th Jul 2012 at 22:58.