PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Travel for bmi retirees
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 17:25
macfloppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As newly retired BA flight crew myself, I'm very sorry for the BMI pension state of affairs, but utterly ashamed and disgusted that all staff in BMI, including retirees have not been given full staff travel rights with BA . I would like to have seen them given full recognition for years of service, comparable concessions and full staff travel rights within BA.

Rumour has it that a few commuting cabin crew were at the root of it; I can well believe it. Whereas most flight crew I know if caught commuting bought the occasional full fare ticket...I watched cabin crew go sick with the same self centred lack of principle that I saw them attempting to dictate to me as Captain, and then watch the BASSA have flights cancelled to protect their members. On behalf of all the good folk in BA, I apologise for those in the BA community who have so stuffed them over staff travel.

If anything, the standards of BMI flight crew are higher than BA, and I welcome their addition to strengthen BA and aplogise for their shoody treatment for which I and many are heartily ashamed.