PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment X
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 16:35
DocEman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bryan EK - Fly 85

@Moderator: You took the words right out of my mouth ! I've seen a couple of comments made by other members marked as "Facebook Trash" here on page 28 of this thread but didn't know why nor did I actually get to read any of them prior to being marked however I totally agree with what you said and very glad that you said it. Hopefully EVERYONE will abide by regulations especially after being informed.

Bryan EK

You are right. In addition to the Medical Form e-mail you're waiting for there are Medical tests conducted in Dubai upon arrival. A blood test for HIV , VDRL & Hepatitis B & a CHEST X-Ray for TB. A UAE Visa will NOT be issued for : Untreated syphilis , Positive HIV , scarring from previous TB on a chest x-ray , active TB , positive hepatitis B surface antigen.

They recommend that you undertake testing for HIV , VDRL & a chest x-ray at your home country prior to joining as failure to meet UAE visa requirements will lead to TERMINATION of your contract & REPATRIATION at your own expense.

The form you will download fill & upload at your portal will include 4 appendix , Medical standards , Medical history , Vaccinations & Dental.

Hope that helps.

Flying 85

I remember reading here on this forum that you have to wait for a YEAR after resigning from Qatar before you can join Emirates. It's some king of a contract between the two companies. Check the previous Emirates cabin crew wannabes thread.

Last edited by DocEman; 15th Jul 2012 at 19:49.