PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RNP SID with RF leg
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 14:48
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlightPathOBN:

My answer with regards to HK is I do not know what they accept. The ICAO criteria is different than the US.
Which criteria? The design criteria or the approval process? ICAO has accepted FAA Order 8260.52 the ICAO design standard.

As far as I know, the US does not accept foreign based carriers certification for RNP. We looked at getting Westjet approved for PSP, to no avail. Not sure if ICAO States accept FAA RNP, or who does/does not...
If Westjets has been granted operational authority to operate into KPSP, then there is no reason I can think of why the FAA wouldn't authorize the use of the KPSP public RNAP AR approaches. It would seem to be a matter of proper coordination between Transport Canada (or whoever holds Westjet's operating certificate) and FAA's AFS-470 in Washington.

AFS-470 would need to be satisifed that Westjets would, or is, in compliance with the requirements of AC90-101A. Unlike my business aviation friends, who have to jump through the validation hoops for every RNP AR approach, air carriers are required to validate only the RNP AR approaches for their authorized airports.