PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police involvement in RAF Air Accidents
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 14:31
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
John, if I may, thank you for the kind words, and may I say how sorry I am to hear of your prolonged lack of sleep, and that relief come soon for you.
It seems that I have missed your point, that you feel I am guilty of thread drift rather than lack of concern for the bereaved. If that is so I willingly plead guilty to the lesser charge, M'Lud.
I know that the OP has already said much the same, in so many words, and I take the point. It seems to me though that Police Primacy, or whatever the buzz words are, is as a direct result of the mess that UK Military Air Accident Investigation has got itself into.
I take keithl's premise that such primacy is the case, for I have no knowledge to the contrary, but if so it seems likely that it was self imposed by a system that feels it has no authority or self confidence. It has no authority because it is in thrall to the MOD, it has no self confidence because it realises that. Give it independence and access to the AAIB investigators that EAP66 rightly endorses and it will gain the authority and self confidence that will no doubt assure the civil police that UK Military Air Accident Investigation is in safe hands and thus feel able to loosen their remit.