PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Mentored Scheme
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 14:27
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why?? Last year they recruited 200h CPL holders on a First Officer Trainee Scheme which many people (including me) hoped it would reopen this year!!Many boys and girls out there with licences,coming from the big 3 schools therefore high standard,without jobs,so it was cheaper for them to put them in a transition course,put them up to their standard then Type rating.Why open yet another MPL course,will cost them more money to get candidates with less experience/stick time.The obvious answer is someone is on the payroll,back room deals.
CTC,OAA and FTE are the evils of this industry,now they have the total monopoly of the industry here in the UK and since GA is nearly inexistent,I believe there's no room for modulars or any integrated fella who didn't signed up for their £100K + scams...very sad BA Cityflyer signed up for that.
Is a matter of time until Eastern,Loganair,Are Arann make deals with the institutions above,taking the remaining chances of anyone trying to set foot on a airliner...
I have criticised many people over here regarding their desire of going for P2F schemes but now I have been thinking,hard,can we blame them?? Good luck for those going for City,some will argue that it is a good opportunity and it is,I just don't see the need of it right now,considering the amount of guys out there waiting.