PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic call up's
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 12:13
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orca,

I'm with you 100% - Don't have a problem with anything you say!

But.................................. and it's a pretty big BUT.....................

Why can we pay tube drivers extra money to do 'their' job?
Why can we pay bus drivers extra to do 'their' job?
Why can we even pay the bloody police extra to do 'their' job?

IF we can do all of that for people to do do their normal, everyday job, then I fail to see why we can't do the same for the thousands of servicemen and women who aren't doing their normal 'everyday' job. That's the only thing we seem to differ on I think??

As for the VSOs of all three services, I have yet to hear any of them utter a single word against the decision. They are the ones who will get the Gongs for their troops doing a bloody fine job. They are the ones who will get the post-service golden job opportunities in the likes of BAe etc, but I have little doubt that there won't be a single one visible during the games - except in the poncy enclosures, sipping Champers and caviar!!

Got to go, I can feel the old blood pressure starting to rise again and I promised myself I wouldn't get wound up about it all again. Seem to have failed on that score, so, off for a lie down myself!!

Best wishes to every serviceman and woman involved in the Nations sports day fortnight. I do hope you all get something out of it.