PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it me... or the UK ATC system?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 10:20
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His Dudeness, thanks for posting the link, my gripe isnt aimed at you
Thanks, just started sweating cause I didnīt know what wrong I did...

We fly relatively often to FAB (company office close by) and that is why I`m 'sort of familiar'....

Mad Jock: +1, good post! Plus: one more often than not does not get more than basic out of FAB. We always request deconfliction and often the controller is to busy...

The arrival fix for Farnborough called ODIMI for instance (now replaced by ROVUS) was not present in many versions of FMS software supplied by Jeppesen and I spent many hours when I worked in ATC at Farnborough trying to get them to include it; they would blame Honeywell and Honeywell simply said they didn't know what was wrong.
I was in FAB the day ROVUS was invented and our database (updated!) didnīt have it then (Honeywell -> 'powered by Jeppesen') After landing I wrote an email to the FAB ATC explaining 'Honeywell' would not have it. Maybe thats were this particular blame came from.

To me, the exchange with Honeywell I had then revealed how the DB maker choose the waypoints to integrate...ROVUS just sits there on the map and has no connection to the procedures (its not on the arrival, nor used in the approach, at least as Jeppesen shows it)... so they just omitted it. The DB maker have no way of knowing what waypoints are used regurlarly by ATC.

OTOH why they think a waypoint of no use is put on a map I donīt know...

I guess the communication could be improved there...

Last edited by His dudeness; 15th Jul 2012 at 10:34.