PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting Cirrus insurance requirements ???
Old 15th Jul 2012, 08:18
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having spoken last night to a pilot who rented a Cirrus shortly after completing his PPL, I think the aircraft is well within the capabilities of almost all PPL holders. With respect to Pace, who has a wide range of experience in many different aircraft types, I doubt he would have any issue in safely flying one and in a very short time being up to speed on the relevant systems. In fact I would expect that to be a significantly reduced period than a new ppl holder.

At the end of the day we are talking of a person with a very wide range of experience including the management of complex integrated systems. Why apply a "one size fits all" approach to the 10 hours? I would be very surprised in the insurers were rigid about that if disclosure was made to them of his experience and would expect in his case wording along the lines of "check ride and familiarisation with the aircraft at the discretion of an instructor"

The owner can of course apply any requirements he may want, equally Pace can go elsewhere to rent.

Last edited by goldeneaglepilot; 15th Jul 2012 at 08:20.