PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting Cirrus insurance requirements ???
Old 15th Jul 2012, 08:09
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May be we should take all the standby instruments out of your aircraft and rely on the chute if you have a major Avionic failure..........come to think of it the insurers may already be thinking things are going along those lines with the red handle being seen as the first option when plan one is thwarted by circumstance.

Could it be that the insurers are ahead of us on this one with the training requirements and sky high premiums being a reflection of the mind set of the AVERAGE Cirrus pilot ????
OK, a partial avionic failure is inconvenient but there is plenty of redundancy, 2 x GNS 430's for a start. I have not heard of a 100% total failure of all avionics but if that did happen yes you would be in a bad place if in solid IMC down to minimums it could be fatal, what would be so wrong in this situation with having a chute as one of the options?

This thread was not about sky high premiums, it was about Paces potential renter requiring a 10 hour check out. Do you have any evidence or examples of sky high premiums or is it just an uninformed opinion?

My premium and that of those others I know relative to hull value is perfectly reasonable.

What is the mind set of the AVERAGE Cirrus Pilot? please do inform.