PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas ripe for Private Equity takeover
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 05:05
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

QF pilots have no idea what real word terms and conditions are these days, you guys already signed your own demise. You got senior captains working what 15 out of 60 days, doing 600 hours a year, and SOs doing less....
swh, I don't dispute that Qantas is not without it's issues.

However, if the above is an example of what you understand to be the 'normality' of the Qantas operation then I have to call into question the rest of your assertions if they're based in part or in full on the above. Your information way, way off the mark for 'normal' times. I'd also question where you're getting that information from? Wherever it is, you need to reappraise the reliability of said source given how inaccurate the information you've quoted actually is. If you're so far off the mark with these comments then what else are you off the mark on?

Of course, at the moment we are hardly in 'normal' times. There are some of us who are flying only 500 hours a year (although none of the crew on those hours would be 'senior captains', rather they're likely to be the junior ones) but that's as a result of a transfer of flying rather than any degree of inefficiency on our behalf. Any senior captain flying less than 500 hours a year is probably taking heaps of annual or long service leave and thus it's a liability the airline has been happy to accept over the years when the numbers were tight and they weren't farming flying out to the subsidiaries.