PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting Cirrus insurance requirements ???
Old 14th Jul 2012, 20:49
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Below radar

What an interesting observation, I am not anti authority, overly Macho and certainly not invulnerable but what i am is very anti bull***t.

I see the appropriate use of automation as the key to safe flight, a little basic pitch and power knowlage is the very first lesson in the PPL sylibus but an A330 was lost in the South Atlantic because the crew got so distracted by technology that they ignored PPL lesson one.

I see mandating ten hours of instruction in an SEP for a person with the background that Pace has as totally inappropriate and a typical reaction of someone viewing life from behind a desk. That is not anti authority as the mandate has nothing to do with safety and a lot to do with box ticking on the part of an insurance company employee NOT any one in an airworthiness function.

I can't help getting the impression that you have become seduced into thinking that automation is the key to safe flight, it is obviously a great aid but without a solid understanding of the basics the automatics will just take us down down the same road as the A330 crew.

Last edited by A and C; 14th Jul 2012 at 20:53.