PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police involvement in RAF Air Accidents
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2012, 13:19
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or if you wish you might try sticking your fingers in your ears, and shout "La,La,La! I'm not listening!" It works well for many!
You write eloquently enough, but you never seem to pass up the opportunity to have a little snipe at somebody or something in your posts, should they disagree with your (clearly heartfelt views). In the words of the time...calm down and carry on.

As a poker player I am used to carrying out mental arithmitic based on probabilities and outcomes. Using the same mathematical logic, I query you attributing the 29 deaths in the Chinook accident solely to airworthiness.

Leaving aside ANY judgement on cause/blame etc. I would note that some other factors would PROBABLY have affected the outcome. Not least that their was no justifiable military reason for all those people to be using this mode of transport in the first place and several vital security reasons why they should not have been on the aircraft together (that from a retired ranking police officer, by the way).

Most aircrew I know, including most on the campaigns you talk about, SUSPECT aircrew error MIGHT have played a part.

If you wish to allocate a probability number of fatality to airworthiness in respect of this accident (which is not only pointless, but also highly disrespectful) you might guess it to be maybe one or two.

Better still you can state that in YOUR OPINION airworthiness might have been a contributory factor in an accident that's cause will never be completely known or understood.

Please excuse the rather childish use of bold and underline but you don't always bother to understand or tolerate other peoples point of view. Maybe this style will help. I won't do it again I promise.