PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I be contacted on a day off?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2012, 10:17
m8vrk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque Tonight
Much drivel being spouted here. If crew control needed to call you an hour before an early standy began to give you a heads up, then your standby duty should have been rostered to start earlier, but it didn't, so tough. You're either on standby or you're not and my phone will be off until my standby begins. I have once had them call me as soon as I switched it on to say 'we need you at the airport in 20 minutes, we've been trying to call you for the last 2 hours'. Well guess what, I wasn't on standby two hours ago, but I'll get there as soon as I can and within the one hour contracted standby report time.
Can I just say that the above post is probably the most straight forward in the last three pages, and I agree with it entirely. If a company wants to call you at 4:15am instead of 5:00am (to give you a heads up??), then simply roster the standby from that time, simple. Then we can all plan our rest/sleep accordingly, knowing that it wont be disturbed, whether it actually infringes on minimum rest time or not.

I do agree with having two phones (as its the easiest solution), but its sad that this is the length that we have to go to in order to avoid our companies breaking the rules that are set out for us in our OM-A's.

Yet another exaggeration regarding Ryanair: if your Standby starts at 05:00 then you should be ready to walk out of the door at that time
X-Centric;
My original reply to your post back on page one, was merely to highlight that your response about someone exaggerating about RyanAir, was in fact an exaggeration in itself