PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Airbus 319 Suspected Triple Hydraulic Failure
Old 14th Jul 2012, 08:52
PBY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The quality of airbus trainers could be another interesting thread. When I was doing my TRI in Germany, we were 5 captains. I was the only one who knew, that 3ple hydraulic means mechanical back up.
In our last QRH Airbus in its infinitive wisdom even took away the pitch and power setting for 3 degree glide path. The QRH tells you also to first level the wings in case of a stall and than recover from the stall.
I still think airbus is a superior airplane that produces inferior pilots. Boeing is the other way around. By the way I am an airbus guy, wishing to be a Boeing guy. Cannot deal with the training stupidity anymore. I see many guys in the sim with over 6000 hrs on airbus and they cannot fly basic pitch and power in this easy to fly airplane. When I train Boeing guys, it is not a problem after few minutes of getting used to the plane.
I am not sure if to blame the plane or airbus philosophy of training for this mess, but I suspect the second. How else you could have 3 pilots sitting in a stalled airplane for 3 minutes falling from over 30000 feet and not having a clue what is going on?