PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting Cirrus insurance requirements ???
Old 14th Jul 2012, 08:08
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
421c i dont think this has anything to do with over regulation in europe. I guess all europe would say is if you have a glass sign off you can fly a cirrus. I dont even think you need a vp prop. (now there is a thought). You cant get much less regulated.

I do take your point however that over regulation in other areas may lead some organisations to adopt a similiar mind set. As much as i agree with you i think in terms of what a pilot can do with a ppl is pretty remarkable. As i have said from a regulatory point of view there is little a 10 hour pilot needs to do to fly a cirrus. Morever in terms of proving any degree of on going competancy the number of hours flown are incredibly light. Could a 10 hour pilot really go nine months without flying and then fly a cirrus solo?

The forces at work here are quite different. We have discussed why insurance companies and owners might expect more. Whether they are justified is debatable and is being debated.

As i have said you can get a sign off with an hours flight if you are good enough. If an owner thinks he needs longer to make sure you are going to look after his aircraft over and beyond not killing yourself then as so often said on here its his toy, his money, he can do as he wishes.

Last edited by Fuji Abound; 14th Jul 2012 at 08:15.