PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting Cirrus insurance requirements ???
Old 13th Jul 2012, 21:56
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me a Cirrus and with no checkout I will guarantee I will deliver it to the S France completely intact and operated correctly.
From what you say, your challenge (assuming you have never used an Avidyne or G1000 depending on which is fitted) would be to operate the avionics correctly - I don't mean just getting by in VMC which you would probably do.

Your other challenge would be to land on a 700 m runway in the south of France with a stiff cross wind if it were your first landing and you hadn't flown a side stick before.

In both scenarios you might wish you had polled the aircraft around the sky for a few more hours first .. .. .. and then again maybe not. As I said earlier there is no absolute rule, but of this I can assure you, I know of some really high hour commercial pilots who would wish they had.

and lets gets this Cirrus business out of the equation, exactly the same could and would apply to a G1000 Mooney as but one example.

I am definitely no Sky God but I flew a Bambi making the mistake that of course it wouldn't present a problem straight out the box. I can give you a few reasons why for me it was much more so than I suspect would be true of a cirrus and yet it is slower and less complex.

As I keep on saying a Cirrus is easy to fly, I can name a number of other SEPs I have flown that I think were much more difficult, but just in exactly the same way it has enough differences that you might be glad of an hour or two.

Mind you I am always very impressed how well people with your background and experience fly, it certainly puts me to shame. I am just an amateur, for you guys doing it as a living it is a different game, as it rightly should be.

Last edited by Fuji Abound; 13th Jul 2012 at 21:59.