PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the Farnborough air show open to the public on "trade" days?
Old 13th Jul 2012, 21:13
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
I went yesterday to talk with a potential customer on board his aeroplane - and the hospitality was superb without being over the top. Then across to the exhibition halls which were virtually empty. I've never seen Farnborough so quiet.

An hour on board the A400M Atlas was good though - it has a superb flight deck and some extremely clever attention to detail in the cargo bay.

But the weather was utterly miserable, so I didn't bother to nose around the A380 (which is an ugly looking thing - the AirSlug) as I was getting drenched. I'd been advised not to go by car, because the car parks were in danger of becoming swamps. But the train journey to North Camp was very easy, with a return ticket only £17.30 from Didcot. Then a free shuttle bus from North Camp to the show, which was great. But there was absolutely no shelter at the bus stop for people taking the bus back to the station, so everyone stood there getting bl**dy soaked.... An unforgiveable omission!

The flying display yesterday was very brief. But I want a Gripen for Christmas!

Last edited by BEagle; 13th Jul 2012 at 21:15.