PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting Cirrus insurance requirements ???
Old 13th Jul 2012, 17:32
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might be teasing Pace, but it touchs a valid point - some are so "anal" about their precious aircraft type that they portray that are very "difficult" when it comes to letting others fly it. They also paint the picture that you have be superman before it would even be possible.

Its usually through fear of the experienced pilot making what they ( the owner) says is very complex and difficult, look fairly easy
GEP I don't feel that this view point has come across in the recent Cirrus discussions and there has been some beneficial healthy debate. I have not heard anyone claiming you need to be super human to fly a Cirrus or any other aircraft.

Regarding PACE's point this is about insurance costs and restrictions even for experienced high hour SEP pilots, It is in my opinion purely lead by the insurers risk, hull value, and the fact that higher hour experienced pilots have in fact trashed more Cirrus than the lower hour types, there is hard evidence that time on type is more important than total hours in terms of preserving life.

Not my opinion just how it has worked out for whatever reason.