PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2012, 17:00
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My original challenge to Doze was re: the Shaker. The recommendations of BEA re: STALLWARN gave me the impetus to explore the elements in the region of Approach to STALL.

The STALL is interesting, but to me, I still believe the LOC was made possible by actions and mechanical insufficencies prior to the second STALL WARN. In Alternate LAW, why should the A330 be allowed to avoid installation of the shaker? Can we not see that an additional and different sensate device would have saved the day here?

What pisses me off is the sacred cow nonsense I see in the Certification side. Is it impossible to equip a SS with an annoying vibration that would startle the pilot into focusing on the impending death of his passengers and loss of his aircraft?

Without protections the 330 is no different in controls theory than non airbus vehicles. Besides, the Bus seems to know well enough not to remain in NORMAL LAW if it is in danger of STALLING. Very convenient as a sales tool. Impossible to STALL? Read the gd fine print, eh?