PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic call up's
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2012, 05:40
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think extra money or living in a tent are the issues, the infantry in Helmund would be happy to get their heads down there. I have no issue either with the military stepping in when needs must, such as responding to strikes or terrorist action. The issue I have is that this is representative of government not working yet again (I heard the phrase 'confusing ambition with ability' yesterday). All the evidence points to the award and monitoring of this contract being bodged and that is inexcusable.

G4S is a profit making company, of course it has one eye on costs. The government though, has a responsibility to the public and to its servants and this is the latest example of the military being called in to paper over cracks created by g'ment incompetence and negligence. I cringe when I hear politicians making capital from their own shortcomings by alligning themselves to 'our military'. Heads up for cringeworthy grip and grins of unhealthy looking elected clowns pumping military flesh.