PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez (Merged 2010 onwards)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2012, 04:40
lowflyer69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i graduated from fte just over a year ago, and some of the things here are true.
the training at fte in my eyes was pretty dam good and you do get a lot of flying done as the weather is great, and while you're a student there you will enjoy it there, but the day u've finished ur mcc and graduated you better hope that u made it into the top 5% of graduates of the year worthy of a recommendation as less than 5% of graduates find jobs with the schools help (ie through recommendations) and if you havent then you do realise what every1 else on here is on about, for you its a school, but for them it is a business. the day you leave is the day you're forgotten about,as for helping you out and keeping in contact with you wen ur gone, in the past year and a bit ive recieved 2 emails, as for the interview preparation its just a lady who gives u 2 hours of info, and thats the most important part, once she leaves the room you will never hear from her again, (even though shes given every1 her email address and said she will help you prepare your cv and what not)
AND SO with hindsight if i could go back and goto ctc or oaa or even gone modular i would.

like many of you aspiring aviators you all know that aircraft have callsigns, well ironically fte's call sign is "cygnet"- a young swan-a bird, and what happens when a young bird learns how to fly, its thrown out of its nest and forgotten about.