PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 13th Jul 2012, 03:57
Whitelilly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is long...

Hi everyone, I just discovered this forum today, and I'm glad I did!

Can anybody possibly help me please with some info?

I attended an AD for cabin crew on 15 May in Sydney.

Happily, I was told at the end of the day I was successful. YAY.

I got the confirmation email the next day to say that I was successful and will be offered a position pending successful reference checks.

They went on to say they will be in touch after *July* to let me know when I will be scheduled to start ground school.

This was a bit disconcerting because they indicated at the AD that those who were available to start straight away would possibly be in the very next ground school. I only need to give one week's notice with my job.

A guy I met at the AD was told in his email that he was starting GS on July 2. He had to re-locate from the Gold Coast, so lucky him getting in so early.

Then, he got to start even earlier. He was in the GS that started four weeks ago (they graduate tomorrow), because the July 2 school was delayed, or so he was told.

I emailed Tiger about five weeks ago and asked if they have timeframe they can give me because I need to plan.

They wrote back and said "we are currently working on scheduling for the second half of the year. This will be communicated after July".

I do temp work at the moment. I only get paid for the days I work. My current employer wanted to extend me to October, but because I couldn't guarantee I would be able to make that commitment - as I don't know exactly when Tiger will give me the green light - I missed out. They offered the contract to somebody else. Fair enough.

It really leaves me in the lurch.

I heard through the grapevine that others at my AD received the same email regarding finding out dates after July.

Does anyone know of anyone else in this position and/or know what Tiger's scheduling looks like?

It's hard knowing that yes, I was successful and will be offered a position, just not knowing when!

Any replies would be most welcome.

Thanks