PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NV - UY and return
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2012, 20:39
DPeterson3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NV - UY and return

I made it from Carson City to Mercedes, Uruguay in my 1964 Mooney, co-pilot being my 9 year old grandson. Route was via Florida, Turks, Leewards, French Guiana, Brazil. We mostly had a hoot. Not cheap, but that really wasn't expected. I'm leaving the airplane in Uruguay for a few months, then flying back down commercial and fly it back home, hopefully via the west coast. I'll be researching details for the west coast routes, avgas, regs over the next few months, and comments are most welcome.

Just curious - I just received a bill from Guyana for $140 USD. I took a direct route from Grenada to Cayenne which just clipped the Guyana airspace area, but well beyond the oceanic limits of their sovereign borders. I was instructed to by Trinidad to contact Guyana, I did, they asked for estimated border, I told them, and that was it. No other services requested or provided.

I'm planning on ignoring the bill. Anyone else run into this?

I've got enough range on the return leg to go direct Guayacil - Panama, but would actually like to visit Colombia. I've seen mention of restrictions for transients. Any updates to this? The country is getting a much better reputation these days, so hoping their GA hospitality has improved.

Cheers,
Don

Last edited by DPeterson3; 12th Jul 2012 at 20:58.