PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two quick questions..
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2003, 08:02
jtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last time I looked at the ever-changing conditions of service, S/O's got a seniority # upon joining, same as FRT f/o. HOWEVER, since it does not affect me, I don't/didn't really pay much attention to it. Looking at the most current seniority list, which is Oct 2001 (there is some significance in that date!!!!) the f/o's and s/o's all get a # based upon date of joining. No preferential treatment.

Upgrade to J f/o in 18 months is a crock.(More CX bullshlt.) I think it is the minimum (absolute). At the moment it is running at around 2 1/2-3 years.

My point is that a couple of months ago someone stated that it would take about 7 years to make Captain.

If this statement refers to the pax fleet, then this person is either wrong, or lying.
Time to command (PAX) has been around the 10 year mark (+/-) for the last couple of years. Most recent on the 2001 seniority list took 9 1/2 years.
Having said that, if you wish to take an early freighter command, (crap $ by comparison) and have the seniority, and have not been sick, and one is available in your chosen port, and have smooched the right butts, and pass the panel, then you may. This could reduce the time.

(edited for shiite spelling)