PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus..and so called "service
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2003, 08:00
Momo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litigation

The litigation point I raised is not about whether people are responsible for their own actions. In many US states, bars have learned to their cost that they become responsible for people who drive over the limit. It can only be a matter of time before some lawyer decides to test this in Ireland. Ireland is, I believe, the only country in the EU where injury claims can be decided by jury, as in the US. In the US, the people serving the drinks have been found to be responsible where (1) a guy decided to dance on a bar counter, fell off, and broke his leg and (2) a 7-11 sold a guy a six-pack which he drank in his car on the way home, then shot his wife on arrival. The "people being responsible for their own actions" bit does not seem to extend to lawyers.

My fare via AMS was probably not reduced by 50% because (1) I actually booked GVA-DUB, via AMS and LCY and (2) I was officially on KLM from AMS to DUB (on an EI aircraft) and on Swiss from DUB to LCY (on EI aircraft). I will have to watch out for the opportunity to split the trip in two the next time. I suspect that booking C with certain legs on EI as part of another ticket will not qualify for the 50% as other airlines may have to honor the ticket. And as someone pointed out as a possibility, I was in C because no Y seats were available.

Momo