PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spitfire crash landing in Scotland WW11
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2012, 17:33
El Grifo

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Milo, whilst I agree with some of what you are saying, with the actual coincidences which appear in my prior post, as opposed to the suppositions and internet searches, I am not so sure about your conclusion.

There is no reference in AA's research to say he was a Lt Col and his son did not say my comments were wrong. The landlady was never given a date of birth she only recalls getting a letter advising of Harolds death. She said it might have been sometime in the nineties but is not sure. I never left the area until 1993 and was never advised of any such thing prior to leaving

No harm is being done here, only research into particularly strange occurrence.

A search is being done by an agency into the records of the huge estate on which the crash landing occured, whatever that crash landing it was. They have extensive records. if the information is not too sensitive we may get nearer to the truth.

The "Departures" site has sadly produced no reply which is unfortunate. As you rightly point out, they key to this event may lie there.

If we remain on track, I do not see why the investigation should continue provided as I say it remains on the right track.

Strange things happened during wartime this might be very pedestrian or it might fall into the former category.

AA's research has thrown up some actualities which are worth exploring further, if, as I say, we keep on the right side of the tracks.

Don't give up now Milo.