PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Making the air...err...clearer?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2003, 06:19
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Gnadenburg, to be honest, who knows? It isn't unknown for QF guys to take each other on over percieved poor form on the airways. Would management even know? As for the 'alarmingly regular' bit, I'd say that on average I hear a QF tailed drive make a prat of themselves on the radio about the same ratio as other carriers in Australian Airspace. The difference here is that with 100 or so mainline jets, you are just more likely to hear it from a QF driver.

Does VB deal with their blokes? (I only gave two examples but I have a half dozen or so more but I'm not big into 'point scoring' in that way) Have they? That wasn't the crux of my point.

Frank, I don't particularly like it when people's come back to QF bashing is the 'did you get knocked back 10 times' tag although I have been known to ask the question without the 'ten times' bit though! It aids with understanding the contributors context. That you make you comments about QF with a background in 'safety investigations' I find just flabbergasting. Such close mindedness and confirmation bias I find dissappointing in someone who already has airline experience and is about to start with a new one.

Honestly, one bloke may have been a prat on the radio and here we are getting stuck into each other as to who is more professional and has or hasn't got into QF. Talk about a storm in a tiny tea cup. Amazing how 'precious' we can all be at times though. Good to see that we're all focussing on the big picture.