PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Safety Magazine - The end of an era
Old 12th Jul 2012, 13:49
Tee Emm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normally I would agree with your point. But the content of the Flight Safety Australia magazine is far behind its various predecessors such as the old but well thumbed Aviation Safety Digests of Macarthur Job's day. FSA with its bewildering display of self promotion, advertisements, lists of Airworthiness directives, quizzes and so on, in its 82 pages of bumpf lost me years ago.

It may well be that pilots that are steeped in electric highly automated aircraft will have time to read FSA on their various electronic readers. But I don't think that will happen. Older readers long since retired from flying, will inevitably sigh "there goes another era" and go back as I do to reading "The Australian" at our local shopping mall coffee shop. And when that is read cover to cover, then "The Age" is next to be pulled out of the Coles or Woolworths brown plastic shopping bag. Both are absorbing reading - which in the old days ASD was. But as for sitting hunched over a computer screen scrolling through electronic news - well forget it.