PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BNE ATC Holding
Thread: BNE ATC Holding
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2012, 08:35
TWOTBAGS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Having attended the Queensland Regional Aviation Safety Forum today at the BNE ATS the only answer I can produce is that it is only going to get worse..... much worse.

BAC are blinkered that anyone who does not park in the carpark and buy a coffee or some other crap from the terminal does not count.

We are all understanding that another runway is needed.... apparently not BAC

ATS put forward their predictions about what is going to happen..... ooooohhh that looks like its going to be fun. NOT Major capacity crunch approaching.

BAC's answer to the capacity crunch is ban anything less than 50 seats, the mining industry representatives tried not to choke on that remark.

Their answer was anything else can PFO to the Goldy, Sunny Coast or Archy.... yeah right when usually 40%+ pax have BNE connections.

One AirService guy said that was fine but who is going to take care of movements to these other places....... yeah too hard basket that one

The fun part was the discussion about terminal space for the growing FIFO markets.....hahahaha

Lets build a terminal for aircraft 20T + and we will build another for <20T..... but I forgot we are going to blanket ban any aircraft less than 50 seats. Oh yeah forgot that detail Another white elephant in the making.

The only real gem is that the solution to the 14 & 19 sim ops possibly a PRM kind of approach where 19 is tracked to land with 14 following 30+sec behind.

But 01 with 32 arrivals wont fly... pardon the pun

I think I have covered it with just about every smilie i could creatively use, its going to get worse by a big margin and the finger pointing is already underway

Thankfully our freshly renumbered favorite STARS at SMOKA, GC, BLAKA & MLY all have the hold now printed on the plate...... just in case you forgot

Last edited by TWOTBAGS; 12th Jul 2012 at 08:36.