PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sounds interesting
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2012, 06:01
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you've missed the point completely Don. It isn't about complaining when an Apple computer won't work with some Windows server. Even though it's lousy IT and particularly disgraceful given the amount of resources thrown at EK IT, you are correct, no one promised anything other than tired old Windows would be compatible.

No, what I think Yada and the original poster were trying to point out was that there actually are better options out there and perhaps a company trying to portray itself as a leader could actually take a look at them. I get it, they've invested heavily in Microsoft tech but MS isn't the way forward. When was the last time someone pulled out some HP or Acer clunker laptop on the crew bus to review a flight plan or read an FCI? lol

Your statement about Apple computers not being able to do what you want only displays your lack of experience with them, and might have had a grain of truth to it in oh, 1996. Apple has come on a bit since then in case you haven't noticed...