PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2012, 01:23
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dozy regarding my fishing.... It is Airbus who warns not to reselect Autopilot: "The autopilot may command undesirable Pitch attitudes, resulting in damage to the aircraft" (or something like that.) It is not I who first asked re: the autopilot in AL. If as you say reselect is impossible, why do Airbus warn pilots not to "reselect"? For that matter, why do they direct the pilot to turn off a/p as part of the drill? Isn't it already off, and "latched out"? Hmmm?

I assume an apology is out of the question.

Re: BEA salaries and the Law. My statement addresses the "Appearance of impropriety". The appearance is there, not my opinion, it is there. I cannot prove skulduggery, nor can you prove its lack... I can prove that Airbus profits go into the Government fund that pays the salaries and benefits of all its agencies. To that extent, you are barking up a tree.

The agency that regulates our banks in this country, (and the ones in France) also derives its budget from the regulated, through fees and charges. Do you claim that the Banks are treated with objectivity equal to a harsh analysis thereof?

Last edited by Lyman; 12th Jul 2012 at 01:47.