PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 21:54
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mondeoman

Seeing as you're not going to reply to this, I feel free to post the facts.

It is unfortunate that you have to rely upon emotion to try and create a defence.

I have no doubt that the removal of the "housing allowance" in Bucharest has caused great angst for you, and many others. I didn't say it wouldn't.

But, contrary to your argument, I was made privy to the very real figures from within Wizz Air as to why the payments were being withdrawn in Bucharest.

To suggest that just because I was never based in Bucharest that I didn't have a handle on the realities at that time, are frankly wrong.

Remember, in the base that I was responsible for, every single pilot - myself excluded for obvious reasons - wrote to the company in support of such an "accommodation" deal for the following reasons: expense of accommodation, expense of commuting, lack of sectors and undesirable location.

What happened? Nothing, except I was told to shoot the movement down - and quickly. And for the record, I agreed with the pilots. But, where does that stop? Give it to the pilots and what do you do when the cabin crew start demanding more?

I'm sorry you feel so hard done by. Perhaps you should move on to greener pastures?

Last edited by Narrow Runway; 11th Jul 2012 at 22:27.