PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New TV show "Bush Pilots" on TV tonight
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 20:43
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Scots being better workers.

All these potential bush pilots do come across as a load of priviledged rich kids. I say that as these lot seem to just be there for a good time, sitting in the cafe all day and going on camping trips, one guy having his own 4x4 etc... Just spoiled British kids with lots of money enjoying themselves.

What's stopping them working while they are there? Is it a visa issue, a genuine lack of other work, or are they just on a bit of a "gap yah" type doss until they get a flying number?

If it was me, I'd be trying to earn a wage there to support myself, and try to be a bit more industrious than this lot seem.

Do any of the companies offer a sort of apprenticeship type deal, where if you're not well off, you can get an allowance for travelling to Africa, work for them in a ground role for a probationary period, and if they like you and you're a grafter, they'll let you fly for them? It just seems like these rich kids are going on a bit of a jolly, and making out being stuck in a tent for a month or 3 is hard work. The flying doesn't seem all that demanding either in all honesty, but that's another story!