PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Salary
Thread: Qatar Salary
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 18:10
archer_737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can definitely tell you that EK is not a perfect airline, why would I otherwise be in the pool instead of joining them in the normal way? Lack of planing I would say!

My bad then, I assumed that the document comparing the two airlines was exactly for that, to compare them.

I agree that you did a great job and wasted there a lot of time and surely that can be helpful for our colleagues in the forum so I will do my best to pass you the correct information.

EK salaries:

Captain:
AED 36410/month (9900$)
Flying pay: AED 60 per block hour (16$)
Productivity hourly rate: AED 600 per block hour (162$)
Telephone allowance: AED 200 per month (54$)

F/O:
AED 25320/month (6894$)
Flying pay: AED 45 per block hour (12$)
Productivity hourly rate: AED 425 (115$)
Telephone allowance: AED 100 per month (27$)

Regarding the allowance:

Captain: AED 179400/year - 48850$ (AED 14950/month - 4070$)

F/O: AED 159840/year - 43524$ (AED 13320/month - 3627$)

The allowance will be paid divided in 2 checks per year.

Then you can apply for a AED 70000 (19061$) free of interest car loan which will be discounted from your basic salary in equal amounts for the next 4 years.

Also a nice thing, they have what they call: EXCHANGE RATE PROTECTION SCHEME. That means that you're paid in AED and obviously depending on the market fluctuation once you send this money to your place (in your case American Dollars to USA) you can be loosing money. They created this program which allows them to protect the 50% of your basic salary against the market fluctuation between AED/your local currency.

An to be finishing now, about the provident scheme:

You will be contributing 5% of your basic salary and the company will contribute 12% the first 10 years and then 15% thereafter.
If you calculate the 5% of the F/O accumulated by himself and the 10% by the company at the end of each year of service he will have an extra 6500$

If you leave you will have:

Less than 5 years service: employee's contribution only plus end of service benefit calculated on 21 days basic salary per year.

5 to 7 years: employee contribution plus 75% or company contribution or 30 days basic salary whichever is higher.

More than 7 years: employee contribution plus company contribution.

Then, there is a profit share scheme. Once closing the fiscal year they calculate the benefits and give every employee his percentage. Last year was 12 weeks basic salary for each employee. This year unfortunately I think they shared nothing as they said that the benefits were not as expected.
As they did that and you can not rely on this every year I won't ask you to include it on the table. Otherwise, taking 12 weeks for a F/O last year will give you in May an extra pay of: 20700$.

I think that's all. You can now complete your excel document closer to reality.

Thank you!