PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resume Gripes.
Thread: Resume Gripes.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 18:07
propblast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm, lets see. Killers in the CV department.

Try not to get the spelling wrong for the companies name. (yes I know some are testing, but it's open book)
Don't, repeat, don't leave the name of the previous company that you applied at in the cover letter.......or in the subject.
Don't offer to work for free.
Or that you (insert aircraft type here) that is available but only you get to fly it.
Don't offer to pay me to work for me.
Don't demand twice the award, plus better conditions. Save that part of the negotiations for after the jobs been offered, and probably only if you are really experienced or expert negotiator (or have incriminating photos).

And as mentioned earlier, if there has been an accident or incident in a company, don't race out and shoot off a resume. Wait a little while, listen to the grapevine and find out what they are doing.

The Do's:
Keep it simple.
Keep it short.
Keep it to the point.
Keep it neat. (basically keep it looking like someone other than my 6 year old nephew wrote it.)
Keep yourself clean shaven (includes the men)
Keep yourself ready to move quickly.
If your going to include a photo, make it a passport photo. No wings, party shots, self portrait shots etc

Oh and when emailing. Please please please send it in a readable format. So that means .doc not .docx
Companies are updating their systems as fast as you. Nothing worse than receiving an email and not being able to open the attachment. Will kill your chance everytime.

This is what worked for me, when I was on both sides of the fence.