PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 9
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 17:34
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop FD an AP

"As indicated by the BEA, we will never know if the pilots flew the flight directors in the absence of camera in the cockpit, but if they did, the phase of destabilization of the trajectory (which following the disconnection of the autopilot) in no case have been influenced by the flight director, "said the spokesman told AFP, referring to data stored in the report
I wonder that FD problem has been emphasized in the final report, but why not : It is easy and mandatory to replicate the flight in simulator to confirm or leave that theory. Scientific method needs !

How could the BEA leave that theory without verifying it ?

Reading once more, and also a little more, in the final report, about the architecture of the flying software and automation, I see many problems with observability and controllability in the men-machine interface , and specialy with that FD who tells the AP , but doing something different : on is disconnected, the other not .... It seems all the possible cases have not been verified. I never worked sofware with such irresponsibility for human lifes.

The connection between air data and inertial reference is also unclear, and the BEA was not very curious ! The voting system between ADR and IR is not enough analysed for example.