PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Salary
Thread: Qatar Salary
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 14:40
av8tordude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by archer_737
But, as I see in the monthly salary, in QR you assume a housing allowance instead of be receiving an apartment from the company (and according 0$)
The housing allowance is a known variable, (no assumptions) because there won’t be any more company accommodations until further notice.
But, in the EK column I see Housing = 0.
I left it blank because that information was unknown to me. If I had this information at the time of creation, I would certainly have included it. Instead I left it as an editable entry for those who may have this information to enter it on there own
Look, you're happy at QR. I respect that, and I really wish you best luck and improvements in terms on retirements, tickets for you and family etc.
we also receive free transportation (via the 1500QR allowance), 1-free round-trip tickets & reduce fare tickets for the family. But that’s not why I created this worksheet.

Let me set the record straight!!!!!

I come here to offer as much “factual” information as possible. I’m not here to justify or make an argument over what airline is better. I created this worksheet from my spare time so people use what information is available to make an informed decision. I DID NOT waste my time trying to prove one airline is better than the other. I DON’T CARE!!!!

If I provided incorrect information, I had requested that someone bring it to my attention. NOT CRITICIZE ME FOR MY EFFORTS OR EXPLAIN THERE REASONS WHY YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS CHOSE EK OVER QR OR EY. Heck if QR was not a growing company, the argument would be..."which airline is better EK or EY...lol". The only thing I care about is that my bills get paid, my family and friends are taken care of, and I retire in 10 years and go back to home to my home country (which working for QR, EK, or EY will accomplish this goal.) I have no intentions of making the sandpit my retirement home!!!!

Having said all that, instead of critiquing my work, or criticizing my efforts, or trying to prove that you know more than thou, how about you offer what information you do have to the subject so that I and others can improve this forums for potential new hires to benefit!!!

Now, I would be gladly take the time to insert what factual information you may have and include it in the worksheet.

Oh, BTW, QR have their problems, but EK is not a perfect airline either! I'm only happy that I can make a respectable wage, provide for my family, and retire with dignity. Currently, in the States, no opportunity exist at the moment. And even if the opportunity presents itself, I have no intentions of starting over again (reserve, low pay, and low quality of life). NO THANKS! I can always visit my country or any other country I wish on the 42 days of vacation I receive every year.

Last edited by av8tordude; 11th Jul 2012 at 14:50.