PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Salary
Thread: Qatar Salary
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 13:01
archer_737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I did not have enough time to review your doc, av8tordude

But, as I see in the monthly salary, in QR you assume a housing allowance instead of be receiving an apartment from the company (and according 0$)
But, in the EK column I see Housing = 0.

Well, if you compare a F/O from QR living on his own and having company's money and a F/O from EK living in company accommodation and having 0 from the company... that's not fair at all. Take company's allowance in EK (if I don't remember wrong, in € is about 2800, much much more than QR)

Then you add to the F/O in QR a transport amount. Well, obviously you don't have this in EK because THEY PICK YOU UP IN YOUR PLACE AND DROP YOU DOWN IN THE OPERATIONS DOOR (and then back home when finished). This includes every DUTY so transport to the simulators or ground courses every year are included.
So, this amount should not be taken into account in the QR F/O or otherwise you should add at least the same amount to the EK F/O's (if not more, because the price of the ride includes a chauffeur and not walking 15min from where you park your car when flying and your company operations building is)

Look, you're happy at QR. I respect that, and I really wish you best luck and improvements in terms on retirements, tickets for you and family etc. I do also because I have more than 5 friends there (F/O in the 777 and 321). BUT, if you're trying to compare QR with EK or EY man... I'm sorry but no way.

When I was in DXB for the assessment I shared experiences with a USA 747 Captain. He was there to assess as a F/O. He already had at this moment his welcome email as a DEC wide body in QR but he was trying and preferring to join EK as a F/O. And, unfortunately he didn't do it so you will probably fly with him from Doha. What I want to say is that this guy was OK for the treatment received in QR but he also recognized that the procedure, organization and professionalism of QR was far away from the one he saw in EK.
Same for a colleague of mine. Passed the EK assessment early this year and lately was invited to Doha by QR. Accepted the invitation and according to his own words: "the assessment in QR was a joke compared with the one in EK".
I have to say that he was also accepted as a F/O in QR but will obviously join EK.

And that's it. If you want to compare salaries do not forget the advantages you find in EK that are no included in your bank account but works good for your pocket (transport provided, tickets for family, etc)

Well, again, wish you all the best in QR because I'm sure that it is a very nice place to work. Will be there soon for visiting my friend in the 320 and won't mind to meet you all guys and take some pints. You pay for them of course.