PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V22 Osprey discussion thread Mk II
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2012, 18:48
SansAnhedral

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I've said this all along. And some of you nitwits blather on and on about how, "All you have to do is beep the nacelles forward and fly out of it!" Piece of cake! And now it happens again (maybe?) and the same nitwits are saying, "Oh no, loss of lift on one side of the V-22 is NOT THE SAME as A-VRS!" Yeah, right. Asymmetric loss of lift is asymmetric loss of lift. Why don't you guys just admit it? Okay, geniuses, what's the EP for "Roll-Off That You Think Might Not Be Caused By A-VRS?" And how do you differentiate between the two when you're down close to the ground and the thing starts to flip over on its back? And don't give me that Henny Youngman line: "Don't do this." Do not tell me that the crews should merely avoid any flight regime that *might* cause roll-off.
So the fact that in 150,000 hours of operation, we have a single speculated case of "roll-off" and here you go hammering away about how big of a flaw this is, and how recovery is so difficult.

Lets throw you a bone and make a hypothetical case that the V22 is extremely sensitive to asymmetrical thrust in hover, which is the argument you are trying to make if I understand your rambling, mostly incoherent posts. If that actually was the case, then the V22 would have doubtlessly encountered these roll-off events numerous times in its operations, and was successfully recovered in ALL BUT ONE OF THEM!

The reality is, and you seem hellbent on ignoring this, that the V22 is not as sensitive as you love to believe, as it knocks down your strawman. In addition, I have heard recovery from rare roll-off events does and has indeed happened in operation without incident.

Basically, your constant yammering on about how it actually isn't so simple to detect, react, and recover from an asymmetrical thrust event is directly countered when you ignore both the hard facts of 150,000 hours of operation with 1 crash SPECULATED due to this phenomenon, and your complete lack of knowledge regarding successful recoveries to date.

You cant have it both ways!

The evidence at hand proves either the V22 isn't the over-sensitive unstable top that you claim, or recovery is as easy and routine as others have suggested. And then there's the third option, which is mostly supported by our friend Occam and his razor, that the V22 is both largely stable and recoverable.