PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V22 Osprey discussion thread Mk II
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2012, 03:34
jeffg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS
First and foremost let me state that my V-22 time totals exactly 0.0 hours. 21st speaks of my personal and professional associations with those in the V-22 community from a time when a program I was on shared hangar 109 with the V-22 program, and afterward. Both 21st and I count among our personal and professional friendships one of the very few individuals who has significant time in the the XV, V-22 and 609.
As far as being educated you had that opportunity when Mckpave first started posting on here. Mckpave is a V-22 pilot and is very knowledgeable about the platform. He was very forth coming and tried to answer questions only to be accused of doing otherwise when certain individuals didn't like the answers he gave. Your insinuation that V-22 pilots are either so enamored with the aircraft that they can't see the forest for the trees or that they are afraid about their careers couldn't be further from the truth. Every V-22 pilot I know will tell you that the V-22 has it's warts (what aircraft doesn't), and of it's strengths. They will all also attest that if flown within the limits established in the NATOPS it can and will safely complete the mission it is tasked to do. Go beyond those limits and it will bite (what aircraft doesn't).
Here's my frustration with this thread; I'll give you an example: I've flown CASEVAC missions, I've landed in some very small LZs, I've flown NVGs, etc. I've flown just about every component of an EMS mission. Yet I wouldn't go on an EMS thread and contrive a scenario and tell a group of EMS pilots that someday they would have to admit that I was right. I wouldn't do it because I'm not an EMS pilot! I don't know anything about the pressures that are placed upon them, their scheduling, training, etc. I would look like a fool if I did, wouldn't I? Likewise FH obviously never served, had any form of tactical flight training or practical experience and doesn't know a thing about tiltrotors other than what he has gleaned from the world wide web. For him to come up with a contrived scenario that meets his predetermined outcome (based on false assumptions) in a forum which holds as it's members many like yourself who have served, have been trained and have the practical experience (some in the V-22) and then tell them that someday they will have to admit he is right I find foolhardy.
If anyone truly wants to be educated about the V-22 then the next time someone like Mckpave post they should take the opportunity to listen to what they say and not accuse them of lying, covering up or being part of some vast conspiracy to hide the facts. It's hard to be a student if you've decided the teacher is wrong before they've entered the classroom.