PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM has lost the plot
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 02:12
Victor Inox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At CGK you should have insisted on seeing the KLM station manager, if they have one. Many airlines will give you funds for toiletries and some clean underwear, I am surprised KLM didn't offer this.
There was no one with any KLM badge to be seen in arrivals. The baggage service is run by JAS, who handle almost all airlines. Their agent told me that they could only issue even an overnight kit with approval from KLM and that she would have to obtain this "via the system". With a straight face she said I would be informed about whether or not the approval had been obtained when I check in for my return flight on Friday! (I am not kidding!).

Your bag should have come down from KUL on a 'Rush' tag, there are several flights A DAY! At CGK you should have insisted on seeing the KLM station manager, if they have one. Many airlines will give you funds for toiletries and some clean underwear, I am surprised KLM didn't offer this.
I have been sitting in Bandung since Sunday night, and - as your rightly point out - they would have had multiple opportunities to "rush" my suitcase down from KUL, but this requires the willpower and corporate philosophy to actually do something. I have not been contacted via email or via phone by anyone from the airline in what is now more than 72 hours since my departure.

Absolute ****e airline.

Last edited by Victor Inox; 11th Jul 2012 at 02:16.