PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army cuts - AAC going?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 22:52
wg13_dummy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely one would have thought that as the AAC shrinks down to just the AH and 40 Wild Cats, the percentage of Green versus Blue of both shades in the HQ will also change proportionally, hopefully mirroring that of the overall stake holding of the JHC.
The same could be levelled the other way. As the SH force shrinks (running only CH47 and Puma 2...but reducing to one type once Puma 2 runs its short course), totalling somewhere in the region of 70 aircraft. Compare that to around 100 aircraft (WAH64 and Wildcat...and Gazelle that will no doubt be marching on way past 2020). Dont forget the CHF element. I guess most importantly, you've probably forgotten who JHC actually work for - HQ Land.

I do fully endorse shooting every fifth SO though. The JHC would quite happily function without quite a proportion of its staff....on all three sides of the pissing contest.

It proposed an Air Cavalry Brigade. I presume this idea was not popular.
That is the problem throughout Defence. 'Popularity' vastly outweighs 'practicality' or common sense. I really cannot see why taking that last step to fully combine our heli assets in to one organic force isn't the way forward. One big issue at present is the inter-service pissing contest. Remove that and it really could be a combined force. Trouble is, non of the services want to give any ground whatsoever.