PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Lose Out on Commands
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 20:09
Sgt Wilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would appear that 15 co pilots lose out on commands in the near future, but amalgamating BMI into BA is bringing opportunities for all. The BMI chaps are voting on whether they should voluntarily give up some of the commands that they are entitled to under TUPE in order to share in a bit of the growth and benefit from being part of the BA MSL.

Personally, being on the MSL is more important than a lot of other things IMHO. Bidline also works better the more people are on it as it affords more choice. Some people seem to be getting bogged down in the detail and the Count is trying, once again to drive a wedge in.

This was always going to be a complex deal and we'll soon find out the result. If, it goes ahead then I think it will be a good deal all round. The Midland guys get something, but certainly not a lottery win, and I really don't think that a BA pilot will be disadvantaged. Even if a Midland chap gets a long or short, haul command before a BA guy I think it's important to remember what they brought with them and to play fair. I've only read some of the BA comments, but it would be wrong to try and hoodwink them on their way in the door and we still need them to vote themselves out of "the bubble", and for that they need a bone fide incentive.

What I've always wanted out of this is to maintain my lifestyle, still have the same if not better career aspirations and not to have to do any more reserve than I have to do at present. I certainly never wanted to better my lot by screwing over someone else.

As for the Baby folks, what can I say? My best wishes for you and your families. It would seem that this deal has been completely unfair for you guys and every one of the powers that be seems to be in a huge rush to avoid any responsibility, when I suspect the truth is that they should all take some of the blame. Good luck for the future.

As for the vote, hopefully when the dust settles even the most ardent detractor will secretly admit to themselves that they are, in fact better off.

Once again everyone, welcome aboard