PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missed Flight - Possible Refund?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 19:43
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tight Slot,

I think your new title takes the thread off-topic. The OP was expressing their dismay that despite valiant (or whatever) attempts they had been unable to contact their airline.

I too have felt frustration with this particular airline's methods of contacting them, such as being emailed on the eve of a strike and being told to call them at a UK freephone number, inaccessible from outside the UK. They knew I was not in the UK (as I had flown to my ME destination with them a few days before). Once I had found a number (all their Executive lines simply had a recording to call the regular number) I was put on hold and never managed to connect. My bill for that was over CHF200 (yes, I was calling from my hotel room, I wasn't going to use my mobile) which they subsequently declined to compensate me for. I finally got through to their local office which had no instructions from LON and refused to interline me home, They booked me on the previous day (meaning I lost a day of leave) back via LHR. At the airport I learned that my connecting flight out of LHR had been cancelled. After standing-by I finally got on the last flight before the strike. I was one of their 'Gold Card' members at that time. I never bought another ticket from them, I burned through my miles and have parted company with them. I won't bore you any further with my attempts to seek redress other than to say their service recovery was awful.

This company has a history of being difficult to get in touch with and, in my view, let me down badly - to their loss.

I think they should be named and shamed.