PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hijacked MAS flight MH 653 on 4th December 1977
Old 10th Jul 2012, 16:43
treacletopping

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Another Daughter of a victim of MH653

Hi "Daughter"

My father was also killed in this tragedy! I am very new to all of this as I have only just come across this site today 10/07/2012.

It was in fact only 2-3 years ago that I learnt there was actually a memorial site built and because of circumstances in my life I was unable to follow this up until now, so for nearly 35 years I was unaware of this as well as the circumstances in which the plane went down!

I don't know if you can help me but do they have a memorial service there every year or do families of the victims do there own thing or visit at other times? Because of the nature of the crash and having young siblings it became a taboo subject to talk about my dad and what happened! consequently it has affected us all to different degrees and it's only now we are older and maybe wiser that we now talk about it, even to this day it still hurts and is upsetting but it has to be faced and dealt with and for some peace in our lives we have to put a closure on it! not to forget dad in any way because that won't happen but for each of to find that peace we need.

We have spoken about the site and possibly a visit although one of us won't make it through a terrible fear of flying.... sadly this awful tradegy has left her with this fear. It seems that when I registered for this site all mention of MH653 is gone and the site starts much later....I do hope you get post and can maybe shed some light on a tragedy that should never have happened x

Just an added note!! Is there a reason why everyone on this part of the site is OFFLINE? If there is another site to use Please would you let me know

Last edited by treacletopping; 11th Jul 2012 at 09:44. Reason: wanted to add another sentence!