PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 16:11
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviapartner

@ Aviapartner. Yes, I do know how it is in Bucharest and No, You are not telling the complete story.

The €1200 was most DEFINITELY NOT a "compensation" for anything.

It was a housing allowance. And nothing else.

I was, for my sins, a Base Captain at a different but equally undesirable Wizz Air base.

All the pilots on my base were adamant that they wanted an allowance as well. For accommodation or lack of sectors - call it what you like, but it was flatly refused by senior management. And coincidentally caused me a lot of sh1t into the bargain - but that is another story altogether.

The accommodation used to be insanely expensive in Bucharest, but it has been established that many Wizz Air pilots were sharing a fully serviced 2 bed apartment for €1200 between them a month at a place well known to Wizz Air management - the company hotel!!!.

I used to have to pay €750 per months plus bills in KTW. I didn't receive an allowance, nor did anyone else.

Now, the night flying is a matter that I totally agree with: you should receive far higher sector pay for each night sector you fly. But, your removed allowance was not a compensation for night flying or anything other than compensating for expensive accommodation.

Once management visited Bucharest and witnessed, first hand, the accommodation on offer for a very reasonable sum they removed your allowance incrementally by €100 per month - beginning some 6 months after the announcement.

I am sorry you feel hard done by, but the deal wasn't on offer anywhere else.

The night flying is a different matter entirely, and one which your Head of Flight Ops should be tasked with sorting out.

I know it is an emotive subject, and I don't agree with allowances being taken away (or wages decreasing), but it was never going to last for ever.

Last edited by Narrow Runway; 10th Jul 2012 at 16:15.