PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Universities
Thread: Universities
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2003, 14:36
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, just as a reminder, this forum is dedicated to relevant information for those either in the process of obtaining a professional flying licence, or their first professional employment as a pilot. Whilst the choice of university courses is of interest to many would-be pilots, it isn't necessarily intrinsic to the processes of getting a licence or an airline job. Whether a post on such a subject is allowed to remain will largely depend on the way it is phrased. For instance, asking 'would such-and-such a course help me with my ATPL studies' would be relevant and reasonable; 'what is the best university' would not.

As Genghis states, if you're interested in engineering and are considering it as a career, there's a whole forum full of people at 'Engineers and Technicians' waiting to offer you advice. Similarly, if your interest is in obtaining a PPL, then 'Private Flying' is the place to go.

Rob's post was borderline, so I let it stay - but one or two of the early replies threatened to take the thread outside the remit of this forum, so I made my point early. And, as you can see, the thread is still here. But, Master Yoda, if I decide it goes - it goes. End of story.

Scroggs
Virgin/Wannabes Moderator
[email protected]